August 18, 2008

The Mighty Thor Bust by Diamond Select Toys

Behold the Norse God of Thunder, the Mighty Thor.

This is my first Marvel bust from Diamond Select Toys. And for a bust, this one is huge. It's almost as big as my Superman/Batman mini-statues. This Thor bust stands about 5" tall. It's pretty heavy too. Well, I'm not surprised. He's the God of Thunder after all.

Again, I'm not a fan of Thor. But this bust is so beautiful that it made me appreciate him more. So now I like Thor much more. :P

Here are the pictures. You can click the images for a high-res one.





Thou shalt not dare insult the mighty might of Thor. Bow down peasants!

4 comments:

  1. cool one! haha! THE ALMIGHTY SMITER! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of Thor, in fact, I never really liked him. I just feel that someone from Mythology is like a little out of place in the Marvel Universe, I mean, they're like a lot of centuries ago but nice bust anyway. Hehe, I just noticed that looked gayish in that box but not the actual bust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ Thor was originally created by Stan Lee so that someone could actually stand up to the Hulk. It's obvious that no human could beat the Hulk, so he created Thor, a god. :P Thor also had an alter ego once, named Donald Blake.

    Furthermore, I think Thor fits in the Marvel Universe. I can't imagine him appearing in DC.

    ReplyDelete