June 27, 2008

Superman/Batman by Jim Lee Mini-Statues

I'm currently addicted to collecting statues, so I'm close to getting broke. Just to clear it up, statues are not toys. They are hand-painted and hand-sculpted porcelain figures that are for collecting and displaying. What? Porcelain? Yes, so they are fragile, just like the life-size statues you see outside in parks etc. Most statue designs are superheroes and cost more than ordinary figures. By figures I mean anime figures.

If you remember, I bought the Superman Jim Lee mini-statue on Toycon 2008. And finally I got to buy the Jim Lee Batman mini-statue. These mini-statues stand about 6 and a half inches tall.



And here's the Superman mini-statue if you forgot what it looks like.



And here they are side-by-side.




Just so you know I have a good view of city buildings from my house. However, I don't have a good platform to put the statues in the foreground. And I certainly won't risk placing them near the edge of our balcony. So that will do. :D

Man, I'm gonna be broke.

4 comments:

  1. haha! ang cool nung superman. tpos ung batman mejo irregular ung mukha! hahaha! astig ung cape nung batman dun sa image eh, ung parang sabog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahaha, destined maging broke ang mga figurine/statue collectors. Anyway, astig sana ung batman, prng my mali lng sa mukha eh. As for superman, ayoko p rn sa kanya, hahaha. Bukas or later cguro, meron n ko images ni Rindou Rina :P kc may mahhiraman n ko ng camera, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I think Batman's chin is bigger than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. batman looks scary! but he looks ok in the profile shot :)

    ReplyDelete