June 3, 2008

Grand Theft Auto IV

Last Saturday, I finally got a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV. I didn't plan on buying it but since I saw it on Data Blitz just lying around I decided to buy it right then and there. Good thing I was carrying some extra stash in my pocket.

You play as Niko Bellic, an Italian dude formerly in the army who came to Liberty City to live the American Dream. But this is GTA, dreams don't come true. Well some, after you've killed all your bosses and take over their businesses.

I wonder when will Rockstar make an Asian main character. More often than not, the protagonists were from Europe. I wanna hear a Chinese dude code switching and cursing in Chinese. Niko Bellic is already doing that in Italian in this game (Wow I can learn a new language). And of course, I want the Chinese accent for the character.

It's so real that it's like a life simulator. You can do everything here just like in real life. From going to strip clubs to surfing real websites (yep it has the internets!), you can almost live in here, but you can't of course. Also, Niko now has a cellphone. You can now call other characters in the game, or emergency numbers (like 911). It also has text messaging. So far I haven't killed any hookers for their money, because I can't find one. Where are they? O_O

Anyway, I've gotta say this is the best PS3 game I've played so far. Good graphics, fast loading times considering it's a huge city with splendid 3D graphics rendering, this is the power of the PlayStation 3.

Stay away, kids. :D

4 comments:

  1. my brother loves GTA and he's like nine or something. yeah. I think he's nine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother's the same as yours, even the age. Haha But my mom's already trying to prevent him from playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the favorite game of the crazy asian dude at virginia tech haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for this post, now i can't wait for december to come! better finish this by december so that if i can't buy one, i'll borrow yours! hahaha! PS3, come faster! hahahah!

    ReplyDelete