March 15, 2012

New "Amazing Spider-Man" Game Trailer Looks Fun



It's been a while since I got pretty excited for a new Spider-Man game. I skipped "Shattered Dimensions" and "Edge of Time" because it didn't look good to me. However, Beenox, the same developer of those two games I mentioned, is now making this Spider-Man based on the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man" reboot movie.

I've never been much of a fan of the movie versions of superheroes, but "Spider-Man 2" proved to be a great, if not the best, Spider-Man game and it was based on the movie of the same name. "Ultimate Spider-Man" comes a close second. Now it seems that Beenox is going back to those days. This latest game will be an open-world game where you can freely web-swing (just like how a Spider-Man game should be).

Judging by the trailer, it looks like Beenox took everything that was great from "Spider-Man 2" and added an engaging combat system. Come on, throwing a freaking dumpster towards a bad guy? Now that's cool.

Ever since I played Rocksteady's Batman games, I've been waiting for a Spider-Man game that would be of the same caliber as those games. But I hope I won't be catching balloons for children in this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment