September 23, 2009

MadCatz Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition FightStick (PS3)

After months of saving up (starving myself and looking away from statues), I finally got myself a TE fight stick for the PS3! Every fighting game enthusiast should have one of these to get the arcade feel right at home.




All parts are made with top-quality Japanese arcade parts. The buttons and stick are authentic Sanwa (Japanese parts used in arcade cabinets). When it's Sanwa, you're assured that it's the best quality you can get.



I tested and played with it for a few hours and I can definitely say it's one of the best arcade sticks out there. The buttons feel top notch and sensitive to each press. As for the stick, it moves around smoothly and covers all 8 directions. Using this stick feels exactly the same as playing in the arcades (except for the sore losers who destroy the machine and have tantrums like a 10-year-old girl).



The Start/Select buttons are cleverly placed at the back of the stick to prevent accidentally pressing them during matches. Some people tend to flick their fingers wildly like a madman during intense matches so that's a plus right there. Furthermore, there's a little compartment beside the Start/Select buttons where it holds the USB cable that connects it to the PS3. After playing, you could just put it back inside (I had a hard time time putting it back. Maybe because I suck at properly rolling the wire).

As for its size, this thing is damn huge and heavy. My arm muscles got a little work out while carrying this home. Here's a size comparison with a PS3.



 

The only drawback I see here is the price. I bought it locally for 9,000PHP. But it's all worth it for me since I have no experience in modding sticks.

Now can you spare me some change?

1 comment: