July 24, 2009

Blackest Night Begins!

Finally Blackest Night has begun. An event I've been waiting for a long time has finally made its way into the Green Lantern universe. The dead will rise and will annihilate all sentient life! The War of Light is currently occuring, while the prophecy of the Blackest Night is slowly unveiling itself.

The Green Lantern Corps will experience it first hand as they are in the center of it all.


I was actually overwhelmed when I read my copy of the Blackest Night #1. Now that's how you start an event! Seriously, everytime I hear the word, "rise!" I always hear Emperor Palpatin's voice from Star Wars. The Black Lantern Corps is now starting to recruit new members across the universe. But of course, they only get dead ones.

Geoff Johns' writing in here was superb. His long-term plotting over the past issues has finally paid off. Providing flashbacks and also building lots of shocking moments. The book lives up to the hype.

I gotta say those Black Lanterns are freaking brutal! They rip their enemies' hearts out and consume them. Epic.

This is my copy of BL #1 and it comes with a Black Lantern ring. Talk about promotions, cool huh?



I also gave my girlfriend a Black Lantern ring. Haha!

3 comments:

  1. So di na sya green? XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ These are different kinds of Lanterns. They're evil. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Wala na ba si Green Lantern? Napundi na. XD Waaa. Ang corny ko :P

    ReplyDelete