July 29, 2009

San Diego Comic-Con 2009

Yeah right. I could only wish I was there geeking out with thousands of other geeks. This is where it's at. Comic books, statues, toys, movies, everything, it's all right here! This is actually the biggest Comic-Con event every year, where major announcements and reveals take place in the world of pop culture.

This is not a report mind you, because I'm actually on the other side of the globe. This is just me envying people that went there. I'll just post some pics/videos I saw from other people that made me geek out.

Okay, let's start with statues. As you know, I'm a collector of statues and busts. So here are some very nice new statues from Sideshow.





Iron Man VS. Namor Diorama. Pic taken from averone from StatueForum.

Sideshow Dioramas. Pic taken from traind of StatueForum.


Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, and Dagger comiquettes. Pic taken from Simon Williams of StatueForum.


Moving on, DC Direct has some great products as well. Surprisingly, their products are good this time! They'll be releasing lots of new stuff in the next few months. I can't wait!


All pics are taken from Black Cat of StatueForum unless otherwise stated.


Cover Girls of the DCU: P

Cover Girls of the DCU: Zatanna statue.

Cover Girls of the DCU: Black Canary statue.

Cover Girls of the DCU: Catwoman statue.


Cover Girls of the DCU: Harley Quinn statue.

Wonder Woman VS. Hades diorama statue.

Women of the DCU: Raven, Catwoman, Batgirl busts.

Women of the DCU: Hyppolita, and Vixen busts.


Heroes of the DCU: Shazam! and Joker busts.


DC Dynamics: Green Lantern statue. (They're calling it statues but they're really just busts with tall bases in my opinion.) Pic taken from Averone of StatueForum.


Green Lantern Corps statue.


Okay now the statues are up, comic books and movies are next. Lots of panel discussions were held and they announced some pretty big stuff over at SDCC (it's where they usually reveal important stuff). Some of the comics news are:


- Green Lantern Blackest Night Panel
- Preparing for World War Hulks
- Mondo Marvel Panel
- DC Universe Panel


Okay and that's about it. There are loads more of news but those the ones that interest me. Now that SDCC 2009 is done, I'll be waiting for our own local comic-con, the Manila Comic-Con!

3 comments:

  1. When I'm older I'll get a badass statue and put it in my bathroom. Just for the heck of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SDCC is like WF in our "world" diba? haha, there are SDCC exclusive items as far as I remember

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ WF is like SDCC in our world. :P

    ReplyDelete