January 16, 2011

First Photo of Andrew Garfield As Spider-Man Released!


The internet has been buzzing lately with the first official look at Andrew Garfield donning the Spider-Man suit for the reboot movie. Apparently, the costume has been redesigned. It still retains the classic look of Spider-Man's costume, but with a tweaks here and there.

Full photo after the jump.


First of all, I don't know why they had to redesign the classic costume for the movie. The costume from the previous movies already looks spot-on with the comic books (except for the raised silver webbing). However, since it's a reboot, I'd understand that they need to make this stand out from the previous trilogy.

Anyway, it sure looks different and feels weird without the red belt. Maybe it's just because I'm so used to the classic costume. Also, the redesign of the gloves looks unnecessary, but it adds a nice touch.

I'll wait for a better picture of the suit (with the mask on) before I can fully comment on it. Right now, it feels like the costume is overdone. There's one thing I like though, no more silver webbing!

So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment