August 2, 2010

Street Fighter X Tekken Announced!

Yoshinori Ono, producer of Super Street Fighter IV, has announced a new crossover game in SDCC. Street Fighter X Tekken (pronounced as "cross") will pit two of the best fighting games today against each other in a 2D gameplay.

Watch the trailer and gameplay after the cut.





The game will be released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 but it will not be out until 2012. Apparently, Capcom has been in talks with Namco about making a game like this when Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6 came out a year ago.

Namco will also develop a game named Tekken X Street Fighter using their own engine.


Never in my life have I thought this game would even be possible. Street Fighter and Tekken both have different gameplay - one is 2D fighting and the other is 3D fighting, respectively. But now that I've seen with my own eyes, I'm excited! Two of my favorite fighting games are now put into one! It's the best time to be a fighting game fan. Thanks Ono and Harada!

1 comment: